Dealing with chronic pain can be debilitating and keep you from living a normal, active life. Relying on opioid medications as a means of pain-relief can lead to addiction or overdose. Since opioids do not actually treat the underlying cause of chronic pain, the pain will continue and may become worse; therefore increasing the reliance on these drugs. Chiropractic care is a safer alternative and a very effective solution. At Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation, a chiropractor in Massapequa like Dr. Bruce Silber or Dr. Amanda Kinee can ease your chronic back or neck pain holistically.
With all the risks associated with prescription opioid medication, more patients are turning to chiropractic care as a solution to their chronic pain conditions. Some of the benefits of chiropractic care over opioid medications include:
- No side effects
- Provides long-term pain relief
If you are currently taking prescription painkillers or are considering them as an avenue of chronic pain relief, please consider chiropractic care instead. A chiropractor in Massapequa, like Dr. Bruce Silber or Dr. Amanda Kinee, can give you more information about the various benefits chiropractic can provide you.
What Can Chiropractic Care Do For You?
- Examination & Diagnosis: A chiropractor at Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation will give you a thorough examination to determine the underlying cause of your chronic pain and develop a treatment plan around the diagnosis.
- Manual Therapy: This treatment is effective at putting strategic pressure on the muscle tissues in order to reduce pain.
- Manipulation: This technique puts controlled force on the joint to adjust the spine, reduce inflammation and increase range of motion.
- Therapeutic Exercise: As part of your treatment plan, different exercises can help relieve pain by working the muscles and improving your overall health.
All of these services are provided by our chiropractor in Massapequa and will be customized to your specific condition, lifestyle, and needs. Opioids, on the other hand, are designed to simply reduce pain without any long-term solution.
Don’t subdue yourself to a lifetime of prescription drugs for your chronic pain. Make an appointment with a chiropractor in Massapequa at Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation today to start your healthy, natural, and effective treatment.