Back pain is one of the most common complaints referencing physical ailments. It is so popular that at any given point, 31 million Americans are experiencing back pain. Do not be a part of this statistic! With a chiropractor near Wantagh, you can find relief from your back pain utilizing non invasive chiropractic treatment.
Facts about back pain:
- As of 2010, the Global Burden of Disease identifies back pain as the most common cause of disability. You’re not alone in your disability; many others are living with back pain as well.
- Of all working Americans, half have reported recurrent or severe back pain.
- 80% of the entire population will experience back pain at some point in their lifetime.
- Most causes of back pain are not caused by illness or disease such as cancer, arthritis or fracture.
- Back pain can be significantly reduced with chiropractic treatment!
Types of pain and treatment
There are a handful of different pain descriptors in reference to back pain. The following list may assist you in putting a name to your pain. Visit a chiropractor near Wantagh for proper diagnosis and treatment.
- Axial pain: Axial pain is the most variable type of pain. Not only can it be dull or sharp, but it can be consistent or inconsistent. Axial pain is most often caused by muscle strain and may be treated by both physical therapy and chiropractic.
- Referred pain: Referred pain is often described as dull or achy, and tends to move around in its location and intensity for each patient. This type of pain is often associated with other diseases and conditions.
- Radicular pain: Radicular pain is often described as sharp and searing, and tends to follow the path towards peripheral nerve endings. This feeling is frequently accompanied by numbness or weakness. Radicular pain can be caused by inflammation or compression.
In all cases, a chiropractor near Wantagh may assist in lessening pain and other negative symptoms associated with back problems.
How do chiropractors help?
Chiropractors work through two primary methods of manual therapy to assist with back pain.
- Spinal Manipulation: Through short spurts of pressure, chiropractors can realign the spine of their patients. This is known as a ‘chiropractic adjustment.’ This type of treatment is capable of improving the functionality of the back by reducing nerve irritability and increasing back mobility.
- Mobilization: Through low intensity and slow stretches, chiropractors work to increase the mobility of the back. This is done to improve movement in the muscles and joints.
Chiropractic treatments have become widely accepted as a standard treatment for back pain due to their painless, noninvasive, and effective results. Contact a chiropractor near Wantagh today to take your first step towards a pain-free future!