As an athlete, it is important that your body is always in peak physical condition to excel in your sport. Even the slightest deviation from the norm can have adverse effects on how well you perform. Playing through slight pain and soreness may seem like part of the job, but it doesn’t have to be. At Massapequa Pain Management and Rehabilitation, our chiropractor in Massapequa can help ensure you can give your all when playing the sport you love.
Benefits Of Seeing A Chiropractor As An Athlete
Did you know that Michael Jordan, Jerry Rice, Tiger Woods, and Serena Williams have all sought the help of chiropractors to help improve their athletic performance? These are stars in their respective sports. The fact that they put their faith in chiropractic care should have you thinking about doing the same. Chiropractors focus on keeping the body’s musculoskeletal structure in proper alignment. Their goal is to not only treat ailments athletes suffer from but to keep the body in tune to prevent them altogether. Due to the intense nature of many sports, the body suffers a great deal of wear and tear over the course of a season. Many times, injuries may be mild enough to warrant playing through. While playing through pain and soreness can be done, any discomfort that leads to the inability to achieve your top performance can have a negative correlation on your athletic output. Just like a mechanic would with a fancy sports car, a chiropractor can offer regular maintenance so athletes can continue to play at their peak performance level. Benefits of chiropractic care that can help to increase athletic performance include:
- Reduction of neck and back pain
- Reduction of headaches and migraines
- Increased flexibility
- Increased muscular strength
- Prevention of future injuries
Treatment After Athletic Injury
Even after taking precautionary methods, an injury can still be sustained at any time due to the unpredictable nature of sports. At Massapequa Pain Management and Rehabilitation, our chiropractor will make sure that you spend less time rehabbing and more time playing. If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of having to deal with an injury, our chiropractor in Massapequa can provide the below forms of treatment:
- Spinal Manipulation: When your sport has forced the body’s natural alignment to fall out of place, that is when injuries can occur. To combat this, our chiropractor in Massapequa can perform a series of spinal manipulations to achieve proper alignment. A controlled, sudden force will be applied to your spinal joints to improve your body’s physical function. The force will either be applied by hand or with the use of a small instrument.
- Home Exercise Programs: Your treatment does not have to stop once you leave our chiropractor’s office. To help treat an injury and enhance your rehabilitation from the comfort of your own home, a personalized workout plan can be developed! This can consist of pelvic tilts, knee-to-chest stretches, and even core workouts. Don’t worry, our chiropractor in Massapequa won’t give you anything you can’t handle and will be sure to show you the correct way to perform these exercises.
- Physical Therapy: Pairing physical therapy with chiropractic care is another great form of treatment. Even after spinal manipulation has been performed to ease your pain, there is still the possibility that your body has been weakened from the injury. Physical therapy can help you regain the strength that was lost and help prevent the injury from reoccurring.
Local Chiropractor In Massapequa
As an athlete, it is likely that you’ll take any competitive edge you can get in order to be the best. At Massapequa Pain Management and Rehabilitation, our chiropractor can work to help you achieve a higher level of greatness in your desired sport. To learn more about how chiropractic care can help improve your athletic performance in general or following an injury, contact us today!