Carpal Tunnel Pain Management
Have you been experiencing sharp or discomforting pain in your wrists, but aren’t sure where it came from? The unfortunate truth is that you may be suffering from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS). Carpal Tunnel Syndrome occurs when the central nerves running through the middle of your forearm to the base of your hand becomes compressed against your wrist. Symptoms can include burning, itching, numbness, or tingling sensations in your hand, wrist, and fingers. Effectively treating conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome requires expert maintenance and care from a trained professional at Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation.
When it comes to identifying what causes carpal tunnel discomfort, there are a few factors we need to consider. First, what type of work are you involved in? Desk jobs that require the use of a mouse and keyboard have famously been known to be a culprit of carpal tunnel syndrome. Repeated overextension of the wrists can cause the nerves to become compressed. Other activities such as playing the piano or using power tools can also have a similar effect. For other potential causes of carpal tunnel syndrome, please consider the following:
- If you have diabetes, you may be more susceptible to the condition.
- High blood pressure.
- Severe injuries to the wrist, such as trauma or fracture.
How Can I Manage The Pain?
Naturally, the actual treatment methods depend upon the severity of your pain and if your wrists are experiencing any weakness. In most cases, you’re likely not going to need surgical intervention. Instead, our chiropractor in Massapequa can provide the following pain management tools:
- Improved Posture – our staff can evaluate your posture (factoring in your work situation) and look for methods to strengthen your wrist positioning.
- Device Implementation – for more severe circumstances, splints, and other tools can be used to hold your wrist in the correct location.
- Medication – anti-inflammatories can help reduce pain and ease your symptoms; these can be recommended by our staff.
Chiropractor in Massapequa
Choosing to endure the pain that stems from carpal tunnel syndrome should never be your first option! Instead, focus on doing what you can to relieve yourself of any discomfort. Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation can work with you and help improve your symptoms. Contact our office today for further assistance.