What Kinds Of Exercises Strengthen Your Back Muscles?
It is essential that you have a balanced body to prevent pain and injury. In particular, the strength of your back is integral for most bodily actions and movement. At Massapequa Pain Management and Rehabilitation, a chiropractor near Wantagh can help treat any back injuries or pain you may be contending with as well as provide you with the proper steps to strengthen your back.
Importance Of A Strong Back
Having a strong back comes with many benefits including:
- Posture and self-confidence
- Prevention of back pain
- Increased muscle mass
- Prevention of other bodily injuries as a strong back can help to support the rest of your body
Exercises To Strengthen Your Back
By incorporating these at-home exercises into your daily routine, your back will become stronger and healthier. If you have any questions or concerns about back exercises, a chiropractor near Wantagh at Massapequa Pain Management and Rehabilitation can help!
- While on the floor, lay flat on your stomach with your legs straight out behind you and your arms straight in front of you with your fingers and toes in a straight line with each other.
- Take a deep breath as you push your legs away from your torso so that they rise a couple of inches off the ground. At the same time, lift your arms a few inches off the ground as well.
- After holding this position for 5 seconds, release and repeat.
- Hip Hinge
- Begin by planting your feet on the ground and spreading them out wider than your hips while standing straight up with your hands on your hips.
- Push your ribs down and your shoulders back as you begin to slowly bend forward until you are parallel to the floor. It is important that you keep your shoulders in line with your hips.
- Raise yourself back up to your starting position and repeat.
- Reverse Snow Angels
- Start by lying on your stomach on the ground with your arms at your sides and your palms facing down.
- Lift your shoulders and hands a few inches off of the ground.
- While still keeping your head down, slowly bring your arms up past your shoulders and to your ears until your thumbs reach over your head. Then return to the starting position and repeat.
- It is important to keep your arms straight throughout this exercise.
It is vital that you visit a chiropractor in Wantagh before embarking on any exercise routine.
If you are experiencing back pain or are looking to strengthen your back, Massapequa Pain Management and Rehabilitation can help. We offer full chiropractic care including home exercise programs and proper treatment that can help with any back or neck pain you may be experiencing. To learn more about our services or to make an appointment with a chiropractor near Wantagh, contact us today!