Chronic pain gets in the way of daily activities and can last longer than three months. It can arise due to injury, illness, or prolonged physical, emotional, or social stress. Thankfully, at Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation, we can address chronic pain through pain management services such as chiropractic care, orthopedic care, physical therapy, and more. Our pain management doctor can also prescribe the proper medication to bring you relief. Continue reading to learn how you can deal with chronic pain this spring.
What Causes Chronic Pain?
Sometimes chronic pain can occur without any apparent reason. In other cases, a condition or injury can be the underlying cause. Some of the leading causes of chronic pain include
- Past injuries or surgeries
- Back problems
- Nerve damage
Dealing With Chronic Pain
Everyone’s chronic pain differs depending on the cause and severity of pain. Chronic pain management can get you back to living a pain-free and quality life. Some examples of pain management techniques include:
- Doing full body stretches, like yoga or tai chi, daily
- Staying active to strengthen muscles, improve mood, and distract you from the pain
- Reducing stress through relaxation techniques, such as relaxed breathing.
- Pacing yourself by taking breaks in between activities
- Improving sleep through good sleep hygiene, relaxation techniques, and a calming nighttime routine
- Taking pain medication prescribed and recommended by our pain management doctor.
This spring can be the time to deal with your chronic pain. Our staff at Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation is here to help you get relief and reduce symptoms. If you are suffering from prolonged pain and seek treatment, contact our team today!