Has your search for pain management and treatment led you to inquire about chiropractic care? At Massapequa Pain Management and Rehabilitation, we have all of the answers you need. We want to share what to expect during and after your first appointment as well as several tips on how to get the most out of your chiropractic adjustment on Long Island.
What Chiropractic Care Can Treat:
If you have been scouring the web searching for a chiropractic adjustment on Long Island, look no further than the team at Massapequa Pain Management and Rehabilitation. Each one of our Massapequa chiropractors is dedicated to providing our patients with the highest quality of care. Should you be suffering from one of the following injuries or conditions, chiropractic adjustments may be in your future:
- Migraines and tension headaches.
- Stress and anxiety.
- Weak immune systems.
- Spinal misalignments.
What To Expect During Your Appointment:
Our team at Massapequa Pain Management and Rehabilitation wants you to feel comfortable during your first appointment. We appreciate you choosing us for chiropractic care and are happy to end your constant searching for a chiropractic adjustment on Long Island. Depending on what you are coming in to have treated, each appointment may be different. One of the most common forms of treatment is spinal manipulation. The main goal of a chiropractor is to correct any complications occurring in the body’s natural alignment. Through spinal manipulation, our chiropractor will apply various amounts of pressure to different parts of your back and spine. Our chiropractor may also give you nutritional advice and show you stretches that can be performed at home as other means of correcting your alignment.
Tips For After Your First Appointment:
Like with anything in life, fully healing from your injury or condition will take time. Our team knows this, which is why we’d like to offer the following advice so you can reach optimal healing levels after your first appointment with us:
- Follow the diet: If our chiropractor determines that your nutrition is one of the issues causing your pain, they will offer nutritional advice. By sticking to their plan, you’ll be able to heal much faster.
- Stretch at home: With winter brings cold weather, which can cause back pain to act up at inopportune times. Our chiropractor will teach you stretches that can be performed from your own home to alleviate this pain and hold you over until your next appointment.
- Hydrate: Staying properly hydrated after your adjustment can help to nourish the discs between the vertebrae, allowing your spine to stay flexible. It is recommended that you drink half your body weight in ounces of water each day following an adjustment.
- Get some exercise: Performing exercises that help to strengthen the back and core can be beneficial in keeping the body balanced following the adjustment. Yoga and pilates are good low-intensity options for those in recovery.
- Visit our chiropractor more than once: Most times more than one session of chiropractic care will be necessary for treatment. Don’t get discouraged by this fact. We are confident that by sticking to our recommended amount of sessions, you’ll be pain-free sooner rather than later.
Chiropractic Adjustment on Long Island:
Chiropractic adjustments have been found to work wonders for our patients. The team at Massapequa Pain Management and Rehabilitation has been providing this type of care for more than 25 years, and we want to extend it to you. Contact us to learn more about how chiropractic adjustments can help you along the road to recovery today!