If you’re experiencing pain on a regular basis, it’s imperative that you seek out immediate treatment. At Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation, we understand the difficulties of living with chronic pain. Our local chiropractor in Massapequa is well versed in this area and will help patients dealing with this find ways to manage their symptoms to get them back to being pain-free.
What Is Chronic Pain?
Chronic pain is one of the most common issues that cause adults to seek out medical attention. It is defined as pain that persists at least 12 weeks. The pain experienced during this period can be dull or sharp, but either way, it can quickly affect one’s quality of life. When rest and over-the-counter medication is not enough to help your pain subside, it’s time to seek help from our local chiropractor in Massapequa.
Causes Of Chronic Pain
One of the areas most commonly affected by chronic pain in adults is the back. This area acts as a staple of support for the rest of your body and plays a crucial role in allowing movement to take place. When the back’s integrity becomes compromised, it will begin to drag down your quality of life. Fortunately, our local chiropractor in Massapequa can implement various treatment methods to stop your pain. Our multidisciplinary team can help with:
- Chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Post-operative issues.
- Injuries from car accidents.
- Different types of arthritis.
As previously stated, our multidisciplinary team will use various types of treatment methods to help patients dealing with chronic pain. The methods administered will depend on both the severity of your problem and what is causing it to take place. After an evaluation of your condition has been made, you can expect an of the below to utilized:
- Chiropractic Care: If a skeletal misalignment is to blame for your chronic pain, chiropractic care could be the answer. Our team will perform chiropractic adjustments (which involve placing pressure on specific parts of the body to promote skeletal realignment) to correct the issue and get you back to being pain-free.
- Physical Medicine & Rehab: For neuromuscular conditions, physical medicine & rehab will likely be your best bet. Whether it be pinched nerves, sprains, strains, or other orthopedic conditions, trust that this form of care can properly combat your chronic pain.
- Physical Therapy: This form of treatment is activity-based and helps promote healing within the affected area. By performing stretches and strengthening exercises, you’ll find your back pain can be eliminated without invasive care.
Schedule An Appointment With Our Local Chiropractor in Massapequa
Living with chronic pain can be difficult for anyone to tolerate. However, here At Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation, our team will work diligently to restore your quality of life. Did you know that October is National Chiropractic Health Month and National Physical Therapy Month? Now more than ever is the perfect time to seek treatment for any chronic pain you may be experiencing. To schedule an appointment with our local chiropractor in Massapequa, contact us today!