Have you ever had a sprained ankle, a swollen bruise, or an open wound? If you answered yes, then you’ve had what is considered a soft-tissue injury. These types of injuries can affect the skin, the muscles, ligaments, and blood vessels. Typically soft-tissue injuries require less healing time than damage to the bone. However, this doesn’t mean that it should be taken lightly. A severe sprain, laceration, or contusion can result in immobilization, stitches or even surgery, and can lead to permanent damage if not treated quickly.
At Massapequa Pain Management and Rehabilitation, we understand that soft-tissue injuries can lead to severe pain and instability of the injured body part. Our team which includes a Massapequa chiropractor can help pinpoint the exact area that needs attention and formulate a customized plan to reduce pain and prevent further damage to the tissues.
Types of Soft-Tissue Damage
- Laceration: A laceration is a deep cut that typically occurs when a sharp or heavy object separates the skin, causing bleeding and pain.
- Avulsion: An avulsion occurs when chunks of skin and tissue are entirely removed.
- Abrasion: An abrasion is a scrape or minor cut to the skin.
- Contusion: A contusion occurs when trauma doesn’t break the skin but causes blood vessels underneath the skin to break open, causing swelling and the signature bruising color.
- Sprain: A sprain occurs when the ligaments surrounding certain parts of the body (like the ankle) become injured after a trauma, causing swelling and pain.
If at any time you feel as though you’re unable to move or put weight on the damaged area, experience numbness, or pain directly over the bone you’ll want to get in touch with a chiropractor as soon as possible!
How Can A Massapequa Chiropractor Help?
At Massapequa Pain Management and Rehabilitation, a physician can help treat the pain and instability of these soft-tissue injuries by targeting problem areas and working through passive motion exercises with you. These exercises help to relieve and manage your pain while also increasing mobility and range of motion. At Massapequa Pain Management and Rehabilitation, we seek to alleviate pain and help you to return to your normal activities.
By visiting our Massapequa chiropractor, your soft-tissue injuries of the neck and spine are guaranteed to heal faster! Contact us today to schedule an appointment.