Are you suffering from back or neck pain and are looking for a Massapequa Chiropractor? At Massapequa Pain Management and Rehabilitation, our team including Dr. Bruce Silber, a Massapequa Chiropractor, provides a wide variety of treatments for various conditions and ailments.
Having been a licensed chiropractor since 1983, Dr. Silber has been president of the New York State Chiropractic Association and currently is the Co-Director of the Chiropractic Collaboration program at Winthrop University Hospital in Mineola. He has also taught at the postgraduate level at New York Chiropractic College. He provides full-service chiropractic care, including:
Home exercise programs
In addition to chiropractic care, our multi-specialty practice provides physical therapy, pain management, and orthopedic services to those living in Massapequa and the surrounding communities. Depending on your injury or bodily condition, our staff will determine the best provider for your long-term health.
At Massapequa Pain Management and Rehabilitation, our wellness team wants to not only reduce any pain you might be having but also improve your overall health. Whatever your problem is, Dr. Silber offers chiropractic care in Massapequa for you. If you are looking for a Massapequa Chiropractor look no further than the team at Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation. We will use our experience and knowledge to provide you with the best in wellness care so that you can improve your quality of life, safely and effectively.
Whether you need a quick adjustment or more intense treatment, you can trust us for your chiropractic needs. Dr. Bruce Silber, a Massapequa Chiropractor, has been NY state licensed since 1983 and has the knowledge and experience to make you feel well again.
Conditions We Treat
Sciatic pain can range from mild to sharp pain and can cause difficulty with daily activities. Our dedicated multidisciplinary team at Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation can help treat your sciatica pain. Dr. Bruce Silber and Dr. Amanda Kinee, our Massapequa Chiropractors, can help alleviate your sciatic pain.
Causes of Sciatica
Sciatica can be caused by a wide variety of conditions that a Massapequa Chiropractor can assist. Pain along the sciatic nerve is typically caused by a compressed nerve in the back. This can be caused by wear and tear due to age, sudden force to the discs due to injury, and more. The changing spinal dynamic can create pressure on the surrounding nerves and irritates them, which is the pain being felt in the lower back and down the leg. Other common triggers of sciatica include:
- Lumbar spinal stenosis.
- Degenerative disc disease.
- Muscle spasms in the lower back region.
Other factors that may worsen back pain are lack of exercise, wearing high heels, or sleeping on a mattress that is too soft.
Symptoms of Sciatic Pain
Sciatica commonly affects one side of the body. The pain initiates in the lower back and radiates down one side of the leg. Some typical symptoms include:
- Lower back pain.
- Hip pain.
- Experiencing numbness or weakness in one leg.
- Constant pain in the leg that is worse while sitting down.
- Experiencing shooting pain which causes difficulty standing up.
A Massapequa Chiropractor like Dr. Silber or Dr. Kinee are aware of the severe pain and discomfort associated with sciatica and are experienced with a variety of techniques that can help you. One of our chiropractors can help you by adjusting your spine to alleviate your compressed nerve. If chiropractic care does not provide long-lasting relief, our team orthopedic surgeon may be your next step. Depending on the nature of your sciatica, spine surgery is an option.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
In a society where technology is continually changing and improving, many of us are becoming more reliant on our devices. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition that affects people from all walks of life including avid technology users. With this condition, an individual feels pain, tingling, and numbness in the hand and arm could benefit from seeing a Massapequa Chiropractor. This is caused when a major nerve located in the hand becomes compressed as it travels through the wrist. Our team at Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation includes physical therapists, chiropractors, an orthopedist, and a pain management physician located in Massapequa offering a wide variety of treatment options for those suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome.
What Are The Causes And Symptoms?
Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when excessive stress is put on the wrist and the median nerve, which is the primary nerve located in hand. Common conditions associated with carpal tunnel syndrome include:
- Thyroid disorder
- High blood pressure
- Previous fracture or trauma to the wrist
If not treated or taken care of early on, carpal tunnel syndrome can worsen over an extended period. Constant and repeated movement of the wrist can affect the swelling and pressure on the nerve. Wrist motions such as typing, which is a repetitive motion that overextends your wrist, or persistent contact with vibrations, such as using power tools, can result in carpal tunnel syndrome.
Symptoms of this condition vary depending on the severity of the swelling on the median nerve. Some common symptoms include:
- Pain or a burning sensation that is experienced up to the arm
- Weakened muscles of the hand
- Numbness and pain in your thumb and first three fingers of the affected hand
Massapequa Chiropractor Treatment
Depending on the severity of the condition, there are several treatment options that our team at Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation can offer to you. Typically a primary care physician may refer you to either a physical therapist or a pain management physician. At our practice, we offer both specialties allowing you to receive the best care. We will create an individualized treatment plan to help you prevent your carpal tunnel syndrome from worsening. Our pain management physician, Dr. Thomas Jan will provide you with an evaluation and course of treatment for your carpal tunnel syndrome.
Pinched nerves happen when there is too much pressure on a nerve by the surrounding tissues. A pinched nerve can be caused by several things such as falling asleep in the wrong position, injury, stress from repetitive motion, obesity, or sports. The pain can range from your neck or lower back to your arms and legs and usually occurs when the nerve is pressed between your ligament, tendon, and bone tissues. If you are experiencing numbness, sharp or radiating pain, a tingling feeling, or muscle weakness, our team including our Massapequa Chiropractor can help with your symptoms.
After an initial evaluation from our Massapequa Chiropractor, we will work with you to build a personalized treatment plan to rehabilitate as well as reduce pain due to the pinched nerve.
Some ways you can prevent a pinched nerve are:
- Good positioning – we all want to be comfortable, but sometimes lying in one position for a long time or crossing your legs can be inhibiting your pinched nerves. Try to maintain proper positioning when you are relaxing.
- Work on strength and flexibility exercises – our team including our Massapequa Chiropractor will provide you with exercises that will help you to maintain good flexibility range to stretch and strengthen your muscles.
- Limit repetitive activities and take breaks – make sure that if you are engaging in an activity that puts repetitive stress on your muscles or tissues that you take regular breaks! You may not feel it at the moment, but it’s essential that you relax your muscles and be careful not to strain your body.
- Maintain a healthy weight – maintaining a healthy weight is a good practice for your overall health, but excess weight can also add pressure to your nerves.
We offer a wide variety of treatment because we understand that depending on the severity and cause of the pinched nerves, different treatment options need to be available. Our goal is to make you as comfortable as possible and with over 25 years of experience, we’ll make sure you get the best care with our Massapequa Chiropractor.
What Else Can We Help With
Chiropractic Care in Massapequa Before Surgery
When it comes to recovery; many people tend to think of hospitals and, by extension, surgeries that fix the major issues. These surgeries, however, are costly, invasive, and create an unnecessary risk to those trying to live a healthy life. Many individuals pick the route of surgery before even considering the numerous benefits that chiropractic care has to offer. In a study from 2012, it was shown that just under half of the patients who first met with a surgeon proceeded with a surgical option (42.7%), compared to a low of 1.5% of patients who initially met with a chiropractor. This statistic shows the many benefits that treatment with chiropractic care can provide. Although surgery is a viable option for some, taking a holistic approach to starting is better for your overall recovery. At Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation, our team includes a pain management physician, an orthopedic spine surgeon, physical therapists, and a Massapequa Chiropractor, New York provides you with the most effective treatment plan.
Aside from surgery, the rising importance of chiropractic care can also be seen in the emergence of home remedies and regimens. In a recent experiment in 2013; 272 individuals were examined over a span of twelve weeks to compare the healing potential of chiropractic care to prescription medication. The results showed that chiropractic care was more effective in treating neck pain through spinal manipulation as opposed to the subjects taking medication.
Building on its ability to heal the individual, chiropractic care is also among one of the most cost-effective means of recovery available to individual seeking treatment. In a study conducted in 2011; 402 individuals were treated for pain in the lower back by chiropractors as part of a program run by Jordan Hospital in Plymouth, Massachusetts. This program achieved notable success, with the results being:
- Patients were treated in an average of five appointments with a chiropractor.
- All patients were treated at the average cost of three hundred and two dollars per individual case.
- The rating of pain for the patients was reduced by over seventy percent within that time frame.
In this increasingly technological world, our devices are constantly grabbing our attention. This excessive use of handheld technology can lead to “tech neck.” Tech neck, also known as text neck, refers to the strain we cause by looking down at our phones, tablets, or other electronic devices for long periods of time. This can lead to neck and upper back pain as well as general shoulder pain or headaches. If you are noticing intermittent or chronic neck pain, visiting a Massapequa Chiropractor can help you not only reduce this pain but help improve your overall spinal condition. At Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation, our multidisciplinary practice features chiropractors, physical therapists, a pain management physician, and an orthopedic spine surgeon in order to provide you with the most effective and personalized care.
How to prevent tech neck?
According to a 2017 survey conducted by Deloitte, 82% of Americans, on average, checked their smartphones 47 times per day. This astounding find explains why tech neck has become such a recent phenomenon that a Massapequa Chiropractor could be helpful to you in fixing. Although avoiding smartphone usage is not a realistic goal for many of us, here are some tips to help you avoid experiencing neck strain due to our handheld technology:
- Keep your devices at eye level- Whether it be buying a stand for your device or by holding it higher up when in use, keeping your device at eye level will reduce strain on the neck.
- Take breaks- Setting a reminder to take a break from your phone every 15-20 minutes will help you adjust your posture, therefore avoiding strain.
- Be proactive- If you are noticing neck strain, visiting a Massapequa Chiropractor sooner than later will help you avoid more pain the future.
Surgery – Massapequa Chiropractor
Back pain can cause more than discomfort; it can be debilitating and prevent you from doing the activities you love. When someone is suffering from back pain, a physician can be instrumental to relieve your pain. Depending on the nature of your back pain, you may benefit from chiropractic care, medication, or even surgery. However, surgery is often not necessary to treat back pain. Chiropractic treatment is one of the best, noninvasive treatment options around. Contact us today for treatment from a Massapequa Chiropractor.
How Can Chiropractic Care Help Prevent Surgery?
Some conditions that cause back pain are treated without the need for surgery. Likewise, a chiropractor may realign the vertebrae to help reduce pain. If you want to know if your back pain can be treated without surgery, contact a Massapequa Chiropractor at our facility today!
When A Chiropractor May Recommend Surgery
There are some injuries and conditions that a chiropractor is unable to treat. In these cases, a chiropractor may recommend surgery. Conditions like these include:
- Bulging or herniated disks
- Overgrowth of a bone
- Spinal fracture
- An injury caused by osteoporosis
- An injury caused by trauma
- Nerve compression
How Massapequa Pain Management and Rehabilitation Can Help?
In order to find relief, visit a Massapequa Chiropractor like the team at Massapequa Pain Management and Rehabilitation. We can work with you to come up with the best possible treatment plan for your injury or condition. Contact our Massapequa Chiropractor to begin your treatment today!
Back Pain – Massapequa Chiropractor
Back pain is one of the most common complaints referencing physical ailments. It is so popular that at any given point, 31 million Americans are experiencing back pain. Do not be a part of this statistic! With a Massapequa Chiropractor, you can find relief from your back pain utilizing noninvasive chiropractic treatment.
Facts about back pain:
- As of 2010, the Global Burden of Disease identifies back pain as the most common cause of disability. You’re not alone in your disability; many others are living with back pain as well.
- Of all working Americans, half have reported recurrent or severe back pain.
- 80% of the entire population will experience back pain at some point in their lifetime.
- Most causes of back pain are not caused by illness or disease such as cancer, arthritis or fracture.
- Back pain can be significantly reduced with chiropractic treatment!
Types of pain and treatment
There are a handful of different pain descriptors in reference to back pain. The following list may assist you in putting a name to your pain. Visit a Massapequa Chiropractor for proper diagnosis and treatment.
- Axial pain: Axial pain is the most variable type of pain. Not only can it be dull or sharp, but it can be consistent or inconsistent. Axial pain is most often caused by muscle strain and may be treated by both physical therapy and chiropractic.
- Referred pain: Referred pain is often described as dull or achy, and tends to move around in its location and intensity for each patient. This type of pain is often associated with other diseases and conditions.
- Radicular pain: Radicular pain is often described as sharp and searing, and tends to follow the path towards peripheral nerve endings. This feeling is frequently accompanied by numbness or weakness. Radicular pain can be caused by inflammation or compression.
In all cases, a Massapequa Chiropractor may assist in lessening pain and other negative symptoms associated with back problems.
How do chiropractors help?
Chiropractors work through two primary methods of manual therapy to assist with back pain.
- Spinal Manipulation: Through short spurts of pressure, chiropractors can realign the spine of their patients. This is known as a ‘chiropractic adjustment.’ This type of treatment is capable of improving the functionality of the back by reducing nerve irritability and increasing back mobility.
- Mobilization: Through low intensity and slow stretches, chiropractors work to increase the mobility of the back. This is done to improve movement in the muscles and joints.
Chiropractic treatments have become widely accepted as a standard treatment for back pain due to their painless, noninvasive, and effective results. Contact a Massapequa Chiropractor today to take your first step towards a pain-free future!
Massapequa Chiropractic Office
Dr. Bruce Silber – Dr. Bruce Silber has been providing chiropractic care since 1983. He is dedicated to helping you achieve your wellness objectives combining skill and expertise that spans the entire chiropractic wellness spectrum. Dr. Bruce Silber is committed to bringing you better health and a better way of life by teaching and practicing the true principles of chiropractic care.
Dr. Silber is the past president of the New York State Chiropractic Association and is the Co-Director of the Chiropractic Collaboration program at Winthrop University Hospital in Mineola. He has taught at the Post Graduate level at New York Chiropractic College and has frequently spoken at a chiropractic and medical conferences.
After your initial examination, Dr. Silber will discuss your best option for care. Massapequa Pain Management is available to treat a great variety of health conditions and welcomes helping you with yours.
Dr. Amanda Kinee – Dr. Amanda Kinee is a New York State Licensed Chiropractor whose focus is to help you have a more active lifestyle. She utilizes numerous techniques to help enhance her patient’s ability to function optimally. She is experienced in working with a wide range of patients including pediatric to adult, as well as athletes and pregnant women. Dr. Kinee’s main goal is to help you restore and improve your wellness.
Full-Service Chiropractic Care – our chiropractic care is able to treat your conditions through a variety of our different services:
- Manual care
About Massapequa, New York
Located in the southern part of the town of Oyster Bay, Massapequa is a hamlet in Nassau County, New York. According to a 2010 census, the town has an approximate population of over 21,000 people. When factoring in Massapequa Park, the area population increases to roughly 38,000 citizens. Traveling to the town is simple as Massapequa is serviced by the Long Island Rail Road, with its own station.
As dedicated Massapequa chiropractors, we take pride in our community. Check out these useful links for other places and organizations in Massapequa:
At Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation, can help diagnose and treat all musculoskeletal injuries and conditions. If you think you are contending with tech neck, contact our Massapequa Chiropractor today to set up an appointment!
Recent Blog Posts
Shoulder Strengthening Exercises
Have you been experiencing shoulder pain lately and aren’t sure how to treat it? In addition to the physical therapy and chiropractic treatments used at Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation (your local Massapequa Chiropractor), here is a list of some exercises that can be used to help strengthen your shoulder muscles:
These exercises include:
The Doorway Stretch
- This simple exercise can be used to help warm up your muscles. No equipment necessary, all you need is a doorway!
- Start by standing in an open doorway, placing your arms out on either side.
- Grip either side of the doorway with both hands. Make sure you are holding on at or below your shoulder length. Then by gently leaning forward, place your weight onto your toes. You should feel a light stretch in your shoulder blades. Keep your back straight as you lean forward.
- Repeat as many times as needed but remember not to overstretch.
The Reverse Fly
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart. Then lean forward while keeping your back straight and knees at a slightly bent position.
- Take the lightweight dumbbell in both hands and proceed to extend your arms backward away from your body. Make sure to keep your elbows loose, and your arms below or parallel to shoulder length. You also want to be squeezing both shoulders together as if there is a pencil placed between them.
- Return to the starting position and repeat for three sets of 10.
Lawn Mower Pull
- Standing with your feet shoulder-width apart, pick up one of your lightweight dumbbells. Then place your free hand on your hip for added stability.
- Without locking your knees, bend slightly in the waist. Then place the hand holding the weight towards the opposite knee.
- As if you are starting a lawn-mower, slowly straighten your body to its upright position. Try keeping your shoulders in a relaxed and squeezed position as your standing.
- Repeat this exercise for two sets of 10 on either side.
Side-Lying External Rotation
- Start by lying down on your side. Have the elbow you are leaning on bent and your arm at a 90-degree angle resting behind your head for added support.
- Take your lightweight dumbbell in your opposite hand and raise it towards the ceiling, all while keeping your elbow rested on your side.
- You want to hold the dumbbell here for a few seconds and then slowly place it back down to your starting position.
- Repeat for three sets of 10.
The Empty Can
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart while holding onto one of your lightweight dumbbells in one hand.
- With the arm holding the weight, have your thumb-side resting against your thigh. Lift your arm to about a 45-degree angle outward, keeping your thumb-side down as you lift. Be sure to keep your wrist in a firm position.
- Lift to shoulder height and hold for a few seconds. Then gently bring your arm back down to your starting position.
- Repeat for three sets of 10.
*Tip* Don’t have any dumbbells at home? No problem. Just pick up a water bottle with a handle or can of soup and use in place of a dumbbell as instructed.
While these exercises can help relieve pain and strengthen your shoulder muscles, it is essential to know when to seek a physician’s help. Here is a list of symptoms that you should look out for when you’re experiencing shoulder discomfort:
- A deep muscle ache or pain.
- Difficulty raising or lowering both or either arm.
- Difficulty sleeping on both or either arms.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms and want to schedule an appointment with a Massapequa Chiropractor, contact us at Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation. We offer a wide range of physical therapy and chiropractic care treatments. Contact us today and find out more about how our services can help you!
Neck Injuries: Cervical Dislocation
Neck injuries, commonly due to cervical disc dislocations, are secondary to displacement of the bones of the cervical spine. This can be catalyzed by trauma or the worsening of an acute strain. During cervical dislocation, the bone interferes with the nerve associated with the cervical area, causing potentially severe inflammation, tingling, numbness, and discomfort in the neck radiating down to the arms and fingers. Experiencing a cervical vertebrae dislocation can be substantially painful, often forcing patients to seek assistance from a specialist such as a chiropractor to help manage the pain. If you are looking for a Massapequa Chiropractor, contact us at Massapequa Pain Management and Rehabilitation. Our experts have over two decades of experience serving the community, and numerous patients have noticed a dissipation in their pain levels through the assistance of our treatments.
Symptoms of Cervical Dislocation
- The neck is swollen, intensely painful, with decreased mobility.
- Numbness or tingling radiating down the arm of the affected side straight through to the fingers.
- Weakness to wrist extension.
- Tenderness on palpation of the neck.
Risk Factors for Cervical Dislocation
- A recent motor vehicle accident was causing trauma or whiplash.
- Heredity – some people born with loose ligaments or joint instability are more susceptible to cervical dislocation than others.
- Sports trauma.
- Recent Fall.
- Cervical subluxation from rheumatoid arthritis.
Treatment Methods for Cervical Dislocation
Your Massapequa Chiropractor will initiate his or her assessment by utilizing a physical examination. Following this evaluation, they will then perform a complete neurological exam and order either a CT or an MRI of the neck for diagnosis. In some cases, Initial immobilization with a neck brace may be necessary. The severity of the dislocation will be assessed to determine if surgical intervention is required. If not, the patient can work with chiropractic services and physical therapy to practice spinal mobilization and strength-building exercises. The goal is to make the muscles stabilizing the neck stronger to help support the displaced vertebrae in the neck.
How Chiropractic Services Can Help
Prolonged bed rest can exacerbate symptoms, so working with a chiropractor can help increase flexibility and mobilization in the area. A chiropractor can also use massage therapy to help improve circulation and healing in the neck to help expedite the recovery process.
If you are looking for a Massapequa Chiropractor, contact us at Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation to make your appointment. We offer flexible hours and a convenient location to help maximize recovery. Working with a chiropractor is a great non-surgical option to help manage the pain associated with cervical dislocation. Contact us today and find out more about how we can help you!
How Excess Weight And Obesity Can Affect Your Back Pain
Individuals who are overweight or obese are more likely to experience back pain along with multiple other medical issues than the average person. Increase in weight makes an individual more likely to have complications with his or her muscles, joints, and tissues. Health issues that are most commonly caused by weight gain are herniated disc, compression fracture, and degenerative disc disease. If weight gain causes your back pain, contact our Massapequa Chiropractor.
Why Obesity Causes Back Pain
The main reason obesity causes back pain is because excess weight results in stress on the body. This excess weight can cause both chronic and acute back pain. This is because the abdominal weight shifts your center of gravity to varying degrees. Excess weight also pushes your pelvis forward resulting in strain on your lower back. If you want to know if your back pain is caused by weight gain, contact our Massapequa Chiropractor.
Ways To Alleviate Pain
Back pain caused by weight gain or obesity can be treated through medical help and lifestyle changes such as:
- Chiropractic Care: Meeting with a chiropractor can help remove pressure on areas of the back and realign the spine. A chiropractor will use a variety of methods that can assist with this.
- Diet Change: A diet of fresh fruits and vegetables can aid in weight loss resulting in a decrease in pressure on the spine.
- Regular Exercise: Regular exercise will help to promote weight loss and reduce abdominal fat.
Back pain can also be reduced through stretching and over the counter pain medications such as Advil. If you want to know how a medical professional can help ease your back pain, contact our Massapequa Chiropractor!
How Massapequa Pain Management And Rehabilitation Can Help?
Obesity or excess weight can cause both acute and chronic back pain in individuals of all ages. Momentary relief can be found in pain medications, but the only way to remove this back pain for good is by working with a chiropractor and making lifestyle changes. At Massapequa Pain Management and Rehabilitation, we strive to relieve your pain and get to the source of your issue. Our personalized treatments will make changing how you live and take care of your body more accessible than ever before. Contact our Massapequa Chiropractor to begin your treatment today!
The Benefits of Chiropractic Care
For those enduring frequent/chronic pain, chiropractic care holds several benefits in treating numerous pain related discomforts. Essentially, chiropractic care has been cited as being capable of treating various issues throughout the body, even helping to avoid medication and surgery. Along with deciding if chiropractic care is right for you, choosing the correct chiropractor is a vital decision that requires plenty of thought.
If you are searching for a Massapequa Chiropractor, Massapequa Pain Management and Rehabilitation has quality services for your benefit. Our experienced and trustworthy team has been providing quality care to our patients for over 25 years.
How Can Chiropractic Care Help You?
If you have experienced an unfortunate injury, are straining through chronic pain, or just want to have regular wellness visits, our Massapequa Chiropractor is here to provide assistance. Chiropractic care can help kickstart your recovery and allow you to get back on track to a healthy life. Here are a few benefits to chiropractic care:
- Pain Relief
- In some instances, chiropractic adjustments have shown to be more beneficial than medication in the treatment of pain. The practice can provide assistance for a wide array of injuries and pain conditions such as back, neck, head, and hip-related pain.
- Chiropractors Get to the Root of the Problem
- Unlike certain medications that simply mask the pain and typically only temporarily helps the issue, chiropractic care does quite the opposite. We find the origin/source of the pain, and work to alleviate the patient by providing manipulations and adjustments to eliminate the cause of the condition.
- Chiropractic Care is a Drug-Free Alternative
- For many people who wish to avoid medication and surgery, chiropractic care can provide pain relief without an invasive procedure.
- Chiropractic Care Treats Injury After a Car Accident
- If you have suffered an automobile-related injury, this can cause severe pain and reduce your mobility/quality of life. Our Massapequa Chiropractor can help to relieve your pain from common auto accident injuries such as whiplash.
- Chiropractors Are Educators
- During or after your recovery process, our Massapequa Chiropractor can help you by teaching different exercise routines that treat and strengthens the specific area of attention. They can also implement nutrition and overall wellness advice that will typically allow for a quicker recovery and a healthier lifestyle.
Can a chiropractor help a pulled muscle?
Pulling a muscle can be very painful as well as very disruptive to your daily routines. A pulled muscle or muscle strain occurs when a muscle has been torn or overstretched and typically develops as a result of fatigue, overuse, or improper use of the muscle. Our muscles are what helps us to move properly, so it is important to make sure they are strong, functioning, and without any pain. If you have a pulled muscle, consider speaking with a Massapequa chiropractor for treatment options. Chiropractic care could be the solution you’ve been looking for to help treat your pulled muscle. The experienced chiropractors at Massapequa Pain Management and Rehabilitation can help treat any pulled muscles that you have endured to be certain that you can continue with your daily activities, without muscle pain.
Symptoms of a Pulled Muscle:
Pulled muscles can develop within any muscle group throughout the body. However, the most common locations include the muscles in your back, neck, shoulders, and hamstrings. Typically, patients experience symptoms immediately upon pulling a muscle. These symptoms usually include a few of the following:
- Sudden pain and soreness.
- Limited range of motion.
- Bruising or discoloration.
- Muscle spasms.
- Muscle weakness.
The severity of the symptoms is also dependent upon how badly you have overstretched or torn the muscle. We recommend that you alert a medical professional as soon as possible, such as a Massapequa chiropractor, so that you can start your recovery process early and reap the full benefits of continued treatment.
How a Massapequa Chiropractor Can Help Treat Your Pulled Muscle:
During the initial diagnosis, your chiropractor will perform an examination of the area to determine the extent of the injured muscle. Customarily, the first evaluation will involve an assessment of the patient’s range of motion. You will likely be asked to do some simple exercises that will help determine how the muscle is affected by movement in correlation to pain. With this assessment, your chiropractor can create a personalized plan that will involve proper treatment in an efficient manner. This plan may consist of a series of gentle movements and exercises that will help build muscle strength and reduce pain. Massage therapy, electrical stimulation, and hot and cold compresses will also be utilized for sufficient treatment.
Contacting Your Local Massapequa Chiropractor
Chiropractors can assist your treatment by providing quality care and evaluation. At Massapequa Pain Management and Rehabilitation, our chiropractors will assess the extent of your injury and create an individualized plan. Our goal is to return patients back to their daily activities, free of pain & discomfort. Contact us today for more information on Dr. Silber, Dr. Kinee, and the rest of our expert staff.
The team of chiropractors at Massapequa Pain Management and Rehabilitation has been helping patients relieve their pain for years. Whether you are injured, experience pain, or want to improve your wellness, chiropractic care can benefit you. Chiropractic methods have been proven to help different areas of the body in many ways and can help get to the root of the problem without pain medication or surgery. If you are seeking a Massapequa Chiropractor, contact us to see if chiropractic care is right for you.
What Kind of Training do Chiropractors Receive?
Typically, chiropractors are required to engage in a minimum of four years of schooling at an accredited chiropractic college/university. Normally, this degree is followed by another undergraduate degree in either basic sciences or years of experience in another similar healthcare field/degree.
It is a requirement that chiropractic students spent at least 4,200 hours with their teacher, along with 1,000 hours of monitored clinical training with an educator as they are taught proper diagnosis and treatment techniques to help treat a patient’s body and accelerate the natural restoration/healing process.
Dr. Silber, Dr. Kinee, and the rest of our Massapequa chiropractic team are ready to listen to your needs and treat your discomfort. Our plan is to develop a specialized program for targeting your specific areas of need. Our entire staff looks forward to working with you!
What Triggers Sciatica?
Have you recently found yourself experiencing lower back pain that happens to get worse upon sitting down? There may be a chance that you are suffering from the back-related condition known as sciatica. This condition can leave your days filled with pain and dampen your outlook on life. If this happens to you, consider reaching out to our team at Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation. Our multidisciplinary team which includes a Massapequa Chiropractor will be able to tell you what triggered your sciatica, as well as offer treatment options so you can go back to living pain-free.
What Is Sciatica?
Sciatica is a condition that involves pain that radiates from the sciatic nerve. Though this nerve runs through your back and down both legs, only one side of the body is typically affected by the condition. While sciatica can be troublesome for many patients, it can usually be resolved by our team without the need for surgical treatment.
The Triggers Of This Condition:
Sciatica occurs when the sciatic nerve becomes pinched or compressed. This pinching is almost always the result of either a herniated disk or bony overgrowth. However, other factors also play a role in triggering sciatica. These can include some of the following:
- Being overweight.
- Not getting enough exercise.
- Sitting for long periods.
- Wearing high heels too often.
- Sleeping on a mattress that does not offer enough lumbar support.
When To Visit Our Massapequa Chiropractor?
At times it can be difficult to differentiate between a minor condition and one that needs the attention of a medical professional. In some cases, the symptoms of sciatica will dissipate on their own. However, you should contact our Massapequa Chiropractor immediately if you begin to experience the following:
- Issues controlling your bowels or bladder.
- Pain following a violent injury, such as a fall or car accident.
- Developing sudden and severe pain in your lower back or legs.
Contact Our Massapequa Chiropractor
Dealing with back pain is no small matter. This part of the body acts as a pillar for support, and when it becomes compromised, it can throw your entire body out of function. Sciatica is an unfortunate condition, but it is one that does not need to last forever. Our team which includes an Massapequa Chiropractor will come up with a comprehensive plan of treatment to alleviate your symptoms and eliminate your sciatica once and for all. With a wealth of knowledge and experience at our disposal, you can trust you’ll be in the best hands at Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation.