Chiropractor in Massapequa
Participating in athletic activities and being apart of a sports team is a great way to get outside and stay active. However, it is prevalent for athletes to experience a handful of injuries along the way. The severity of an injury varies from person to person, and each can be treated in numerous ways. One popular way injuries tend to be addressed are through surgical procedures. Although procedures are one of the best ways to treat an injury, post-surgical care is just as critical. Typically, patients seek the attention of a physical therapist or chiropractor. If you have been in search of a chiropractor in Massapequa, Long Island, consider making an appointment with Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation to ensure your injuries are cared for.
Types of Sports Injuries
There is an exhaustive amount of injuries one can endure while participating in athletics. However, some are very common and tend to happen frequently. It is essential to be familiar with the most common injuries, in case you find yourself experiencing one.
- ACL Tear & Sprain: Your ACL is a major knee ligament. It is commonly torn or strained when one quickly changes the speed of movement and direction of their leg. Swelling and pain when moving are popular symptoms. Mild cases may be treated with ice and rest, while others require surgery and extensive physical therapy.
- Meniscus Tear: Typically associated with football and baseball, one can tear their meniscus upon performing quick twisting movements in their legs. The meniscus is located in the knee and, if badly injured and affecting the ACL, requires surgery. Similar to an ACL sprain, a meniscus tear also needs PT care throughout recovery.
- Shoulder Dislocation: Dislocating your shoulder is very common if you participate in contact sports. This type of injury requires surgery and post-surgical care to help the shoulder return to daily, basic movements.
- Severe Fractures: Depending on the activity, you can fracture several bones in your body. If severe, fractures can be treated with surgical care and physical therapy.
Post-Surgical Treatment for Sports Injuries
Addressing and treating an injury is never easy, but many professionals want to help you! After your procedure, physical therapists and a chiropractor in Massapequa will be there to aid you in finishing out your recovery. Our specialists want you to feel powerful and get back on your feet. PT and chiropractic care are two common post-surgical care options; many patients turn to post-surgery.
- How Can Physical Therapy Help?
- Physical therapists are very knowledgeable of various surgical procedures and understand what your body endures before, during, and after an operation. Generally, after a procedure, many of your body muscles are stiff. PT’s create specialized plans of exercises to help you and your muscles relieve stress and work towards resuming a natural, comfortable state. Our treatments help to ensure you are experiencing little-to-no pain and are making improvements towards recovery. Without a professional’s guidance and supervision, you may be further damaging your muscles and surgical area.
- How Can Chiropractic Care Help?
- Chiropractors, similar to physical therapists, want to help you get back on your feet as soon as possible. Chiropractic care can be specifically beneficial if you recently underwent back or neck surgery. Under our treatment, we want to relieve your pain and stress by properly stabilizing the weakened area by providing you with unique, individualized care.
The Next Step
If you have been in search of a physical therapist or a chiropractor in Massapequa, consider contacting Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation. We want to get you on track to a speedy recovery, make an appointment today!