Chiropractor in Massapequa
Unfortunately, the aging process customarily results in an inevitable deterioration of certain functions pertaining to the body and its overall well-being. As the saying goes, father time is undefeated and no one on this earth is immune to growing old. Commonly, degenerative disc disease is a spinal related complication that periodically worsens as one stray towards the path of the elderly. With aging, discs in the back are exposed to wear and tear, thus progressively leading to the literal degeneration. If you’re straining through this unpleasant condition, contacting a chiropractor in Massapequa such as the professionals over at Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation is an outstanding resource for getting your back and body feeling comfortable once again.
Like any other degenerative related condition, the primary culprit of the issue at hand is ordinary aging and wear/tear. However, other stimulants may include the following:
- Drying Out: Upon initial construction during birth, the discs within your spine contain a healthy amount of water. But deterioration will systematically cause this water to dissipate, forcing the discs to lose cushion and be highly susceptible to discomfort. The pain occurs from the dried out discs now being not nearly as impervious to shocks as they were prior.
- Lifestyle Necessities: Many of us do not have the convenience to sit down all day and be off of our feet. Those of us who are required to work with our hands may be at a higher risk of speeding up the degeneration process. Similarly, athletes may also undergo an increased deterioration due to frequent usage of their back and spine. Actions such as these may also have the potential to create tears along the outside of the discs.
- Back Related Injury: Tears along the outer layer of the discs are just one potential back related injury that can trigger degenerative disc disease. Herniated discs are another common back injury that occurs when the discs slip out of place. Issues such as these will only increase the likelihood of degeneration.
Back pain of any capacity is an issue that needs to be frequently monitored by a trained professional such as a chiropractor in Massapequa. Majority of individuals suffer through back pain on a regular basis but several choose to live with it. Instead of making a foolhardy decision to strain yourself, consider the following treatment options:
- Chiropractic Care: Your chiropractor in Massapequa is able to fully utilize the benefits of a deep tissue massage to tackle common back pains and aches. Deep tissue massages specifically target herniated discs, helping to alleviate discomfort.
- Physical Therapy: Ordinarily regarded as a prime pain management tool, physical therapy can treat the injury and strengthen the lower back to help increase injury prevention. Patients experiencing degenerative disc disease can especially benefit from regular visits, as your physical therapist will be able to constantly monitor the condition for worsening signs. They may also formulate an advanced plan of attack for treatment.
What To Do:
In order to receive expert care and professional maintenance, reach out to a chiropractor in Massapequa for further assistance. Contact the office of Massapequa Pain Management & Rehabilitation for an appointment.